- 99-100 Points A jaw-dropping, heart-stopping effort—not just everything you’d expect, but MORE than you could reasonably expect from a wine.
- 96-98 Points Overwhelming. A rare level of greatness for wines that knock your socks off with their massiveness or make your hair stand on end with their elegance.
- 92-95 Points Rocking wines that achieve something special within what they try to be. Occasionally wines in this range are a bit one-dimensional, but that one dimension will blow you away.
- 90-91 Points High quality wines that make you go back to the glass looking for (and usually finding) something more. Wines that are not just enjoyable but pique one’s curiosity.
- 85-89 Points Above average wines that perhaps lack that little something extra that makes them worthy of a 90-point score. Satisfactory. Drinkable and unobjectionable.
- 80-84 Points Something about the wine just rubs you the wrong way, but it has some redeeming features.
- 70-79 Points Very average wines capable of quenching thirst but little else. Straightforward and unremarkable.
- 60-69 Points Flawed wines to avoid at all costs. Practically undrinkable.
- 50-59 Points So poor that the 60-69 range is insufficient to describe their inadequacy. Undrinkable.
The Secret Grapes of the Willamette Valley
2 minutes ago